HomeAboutContact

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Which animal would you be?

When I was an intern, my directing teacher did a really cute icebreaker activity. She had a group of animals that she reviewed and discussed with her students. Then she asked, "if you were an animal, which animal would you be?" The students each picked an animal card, colored it and wrote his/her name on it. They took turns explaining which animal they would be and why and then added their card to a graph.

I really liked this activity so I decided to make my own version. I don't plan on using all these animals, I think 18 choices would overwhelm the kids, I just couldn't decide which animals I wanted to use! I also couldn't decide if I wanted to print colored cards (to save time) or allow the kids to color the cards on their own, so I made both! Enjoy! :)


Click the pictures to download the activity.

If you decide to download this activity, leave me a message so I know you enjoyed it! :)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie. This is a cute ice breaker for Kindergarten! I love Carson Dellosa clip art, and having been looking for a Carson Dellosa clip art CD (I have the book/paper versions). Where did you find your digital CD clip art?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer! The books I bought had a CD in the back that had digital versions of the clip art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will use this when we study animals in the spring. I just pinned it so I won't forget! ;)

    Tammi
    Having Fun K-1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephanie!! I just found your Blog and am now a follower!! I also teach in FL!! The Boca Raton area, where are you?? I am a new blogger!! Come and check out my sight!! I am a definite newbie!! For The Love of Kindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stephanie,

    Thanks for putting this out there for us to use free of charge. I used page 2 of each animal set and cut them out. Kids taped them to their foreheads and then played the game where you have to figure out what you are by people making the sound of the animal thats on your head ;o) Very fun. Thanks Again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't thank you enough for creating these awesome printables and sharing them! I am now following you and appreciate your wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this...I'm using it next week in my class!! Thanks for sharing!

    crhdouglas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete